Thursday, September 18, 2014

#9 | Oxygen Advertisement Poster & My Self Portrait.

This week's work is to create a poster to advertise the Coca Cola's new product, oxygen. My group consist of Xiao LinMyu and Rita. First of all, we went home to design how the container should look like and then met up at the library to discuss which was better. We then decide on the colours, the fonts and the price of the product. 

Our target market is the elderly, we did not want the poster to look overcrowded so we chose to keep it plain and simple. Less is more right? The bottle it designed to look like the Earth with the both side indented so it has a better grasp and it looks like you have the world in your hands. The straw is shaped into chemical formula of oxygen. We tried to keep it as simple as possible so our poster is inspired by perfume advertisements. We priced it at $67 because our group consisted of Chinese and Indian, 6 which is a lucky number for Chinese and 7, a lucky number for Indians. We also choose this price because we wanted it to be a luxury product like tonics.
I gained a lot of things from this project because it felt like we have a real client. And this time everyone worked very well with each other. I used to think that doing a poster, it just have to look good aesthetically. After this project, I learnt that other than making it look good, we have to about other aspects too. Example, the target market, the price, the placement and the fonts etc. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
This week, Ms Ho made us draw a portrait of ourselves with the stuffs we like and represents us. Initially, I didn't know where to start so I decided to do the easiest, which is drawing a face. Then adding the things I like to fit the different parts. I did not attempt to make it look pretty, think too much of the placement. Because if too much thought was put into it, I don't think it'll be who I really am, instead it'll be who I wish I am, does that make sense?



Let's start from the hair, it is tied this way because I believe there'll always still be a kid in me no matter how old I get. As for the colours, it is what it is, I LOVE COLOURS ON MY HAIR! The headband's a volleyball net and my eyeballs are volleyball, I don't think I need to elaborate any further for my love for that sport right? Brushes for eyebrows because I love to draw and paint! Should have draw pencil for one side... Eyeliner because I prefer myself made up. And those are not random scribbles on my cheeks, they're my horoscopes's logo, Aquarius! Yinyang for my mouth because I think I'm both extrovert and introvert, and a little of the other in each of them. The dollar sign choker is to show how I feel about our world. How everyone and everything is revolving around money, including myself. The hand is my favourite cartoon Stitch's. And I hope one day, all of us can pull ourselves out of the world that only cares about money.

No comments:

Post a Comment